Friday, 7 August 2015

A Week in Dorset | Part 2


On day three our family friend and his children arrived. It was very warm and sunny, so we decided to head down to Swanage Beach for the day. It's a fairly small beach but when it's hot it's a great place to sit down and get lost in a  good book. Rory and Cameron went to play with a rugby ball in the sea and I went for a paddle with Ruby. Despite the warm weather the sea was freezing! We also built some sandcastles and had some home made ice cream from the Gelateria next to the beach - I had ferrero rocher flavour and it was delicious. In the evening we went out for a walk and stopped for a drink - my dad loved my photo of him so he made me send it to him to use for his Facebook profile picture... haha.

The day after was horrible weather and I got no pictures!

On day five we went out to Monkey World, a local Monkey rescue centre near Wool, which is around a twenty minute drive away. It was really hard to photograph the monkeys, as they all have huge enclosures with wire surrounds, making it hard to get pictures of them. However I managed to get a snap of this little one, who looked so sad! Luckily when we walked back around he had cheered up but when we saw him like this it made me so sad! We also went up into a treehouse, which gave us a great view of the park. The trip was completed with my buying a huge cuddly monkey from the gift shop - it was so cute I couldn't resist! The day ended with the annual Swanage Carnival firework display in the evening, which is absolutely brilliant. Think millennium fireworks... they're almost as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment