Happy New Year! So it's 2015, and I can't quite believe that a whole year has gone by faster than I could have ever imagined. Looking back on 2014 makes me realise what a great year it was, full of new experiences, friends, family, a few wonderful holidays and also the year that my blog started. Having started That Place Called Here in January, to look back now and see how far I've come makes me so happy that I decided to start blogging. 2014 also saw me complete two Duke of Edinburgh awards, watch the Tour de France, visit the Harry Potter Studio Tour (twice), go on a brilliant drama trip to London with school, see The Kooks live, eat out with friends and family more times than is healthy, visit Tenerife, Cornwall and Dorset, and included an amazing Christmas (with snow on Boxing Day!). I just hope that 2015 is going to be just as brilliant. As with every year, everyone is busy making New Year's resolutions and talking about what they're going to do in 2015. I don't really make many New Year's resolutions because I never seem to stick to them and this just makes me feel like I haven't achieved as much as I wanted to within the year.
The only resolution I actually have this year is to do well in my GCSE's. I took the Core and Additional Science route, meaning that I have already completed my exams for the Core Science unit. Throughout May and June I have the rest of my exams, and my goal for this year is to complete these to the best of my ability. I've given myself the Christmas break off and have decided to do absolutely nothing for the two week holiday in order to catch up on sleep and relax before the hard work starts when we go back to school. I know from my experience last June that if I revise everything and go into the exam knowing exactly what I have to do I will be able to do well. This year I will also be starting sixth form college, as my school doesn't have an attached sixth form, which is so scary for me. I've become so comfortable in my secondary school that it's going to be strange to leave and go into a completely new environment - although I am sort of looking forward to it.
So again, Happy New Year! I hope you had a great New Year's Eve, whether you had a relaxed night at home or were out partying with friends, and wish you a great 2015.
What will 2015 hold for you? Do you have any new year's resolutions?
xoxo





No comments:
Post a Comment