Monday, 19 January 2015

Benefit They're Real Mascara.


One of my favourite makeup brands is Benefit, as the quality of their products is amazing and I adore their quirky, vintage style packaging. I can spend ages browsing their stand in Boots or John Lewis but rarely purchase much, as it's so expensive. For Christmas I received the 'They're Real' mascara and I absolutely love it. For starters the packaging is on point and is designed to look good, as it usually is with Benefit. The brush is really easy to use and it's design means that there isn't any clumps when you've applied your mascara. You only really need one or two coats to create the desired effect whereas with cheaper mascaras it can take up to four or five before you see any difference. The product adds a huge amount of volume and thickness to your lashes and looks amazing when teamed with eyeliner, as it really creates a bold look. I'd say that the only downside is that it's fairly difficult to remove, and it takes a cotton wool pad soaked in micellar water and quite a bit of scrubbing to remove every trace. I'm aware of a 'They're Real' remover, but I can't imagine spending so much on an eye makeup remover if I'm completely honest. The mascara itself is quite expensive but it's worth the price for the quality of the product, although I don't know how long it will last, as I've only had it since Christmas and have only used it twice. Overall I really do love the product, despite any flaws it may have, and when it does run out I definitely won't mind splashing out on a new one.

Have you tried the product? What do you think?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment