I'm a huge fan of the Body Shop's makeup products and one that I have been wanting to try for a while is their BB cream. I picked up a tube while I was shopping the other day and have been using it for about a week now so I can finally give you all my opinions!
First of all the product is £12, which (for a tube as small as this) is quite expensive, however it isn't going to break the bank so I was happy to pay it... quietly hoping it would be worth the money!
This is a product that adapts to your skin tone after it's blended in. I went with the palest shade '00', as I swatched the '01' and it was way too dark for my skin. When first applied the product is a white cream and contains what look similar to the beads you find in a body scrub, but are actually what adapt to your skin and give you the right colour. I decided to use my hands to apply this product, as my brushes just weren't blending it well enough into my skin. It doesn't give the most amazing coverage and at first can look quite dark on your skin, however so far it has evened out after around 45 minutes. I would say this could be branded much better as a tinted moisturiser than a BB cream, as it doesn't contain SPF and gives too sheer a coverage to be used in place of a foundation. However it's perfect for lazy mornings where I can't be bothered with adding foundation into my makeup for the day. It gives your skin a nice glow and you can achieve a simple makeup look with it, which like I said is perfect for lazy mornings.
Overall I do really like the product but I definitely use it more as a tinted moisturiser than as the BB cream it is branded as.
Have you ever tried this?




No comments:
Post a Comment