Sunday, 14 December 2014

Winter Lips.

From left to right: Rimmel Apocalips in 'Big Bang', MUA Lipstick in Shade 1 & L'Oreal Color Riche Lipstick in '288 Int Fuchsia'
Winter is my favourite season and I really love the Christmas and winter make up that is seen at this time of year. For me one of the typical winter staples is red lips, and I have three lipsticks that definitely live up to the job. The first is the Rimmel Apocalips in the shade 'Big Bang', which is a bright red colour. I love these lip lacquers, as they set in place and stay for a long time - I can even just about manage to eat while wearing it, which is a miracle as usually I wouldn't wear such a bold lip colour if I was going out for a meal. They aren't a bad price and last ages, as a small amount goes a really long way. The second is the MUA Lipstick in Shade 1, which is a really deep red colour. These lipsticks are only £1 each and aren't bad at all for the price - the colour payoff is brilliant. This is one of my favourite lipstick shades and it goes well with christmas party outfits, such as a black dress. Finally we have my newest lipstick purchase; L'Oreal's Color Riche Lipstick in the shade '288 Int Fuchsia'. This is more of a pink than a red but it's such a deep colour that it can pass for an autumnal or winter lip shade any day. It has a hint of shimmer, which gives that finishing touch to a party outfit, and lasts fairly well through eating and drinking. It's not 'break the bank' expensive but it isn't massively cheap, at around £8 depending on where you shop.

What are your winter lip staples?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment