Friday, 28 November 2014

Visiting the Jurassic Coast | Part Three.


Day three in Swanage was my birthday. I decided that I wanted to head out to one of my favourite locations in the area - Corfe. It is such a pretty little village and has a few traditional shops, including a sweet shop selling the most delicious traditional treats. Among my favourites are the sour apple cubes and chewing nuts. It makes my mouth water thinking about them! Aside from the lovely village, Corfe is famous for the ruins of the castle that once stood there. There isn't much of it left now, but it's always nice to have a look around and take some pictures. I managed to snap the steam train as it was travelling past too.

In the evening we went out to my favourite restaurant within Swanage itself, which is la Trattoria - an Italian. The food was absolutely delicious - I had Arabiatta (my favourite, as I love spicy food) followed by a chocolate pudding. We finished off the night by heading back and watching Dirty Dancing, one of my favourite films. All in all it was a great birthday and I can't wait until the next time I can visit Swanage.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment