Saturday, 15 November 2014

Visiting the Jurassic Coast | Part One.



Swanage in Dorset is one of my favourite places. My grandparents own a holiday home there, which means that I have been visiting since before I was even born. It is located on the iconic Isle of Purbeck on the Jurassic Coast, which makes it the perfect place for hiking as well as visiting all of the beautiful towns and beaches. My birthday was a week or so ago, so we decided to head down there - my mum, dad, brother and I, along with two of my close friends.

Our first day was spent visiting a local cafe for the best hot chocolate you have ever tasted, looking around the traditional Victorian seaside town that is Swanage and leaving our names in the sand on the beach. There were also pastries bought from the local bakery and a lunch overlooking the sea from the flat. We also went out for a short walk to Durlston Country Park. After heading out across the clifftops we reached the park that is home of the locally famous 'big globe'. The views from Durlston of the surrounding coast are beautiful and on a clear day you can see out to Bournemouth and the Isle of Wight. I think that in these kinds of posts, pictures speak louder than words and so I'm going to leave the writing here.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment