It's got to that time of year again where there are a few weeks away and short breaks to pack for. Tomorrow I'll be off for a week with my family and I'll of course be taking my makeup bag. The hardest part about packing for going away is deciding exactly what products you need and are going to use and which you don't. Today I thought I'd share my choices for this holiday. The bag itself is from Cateye London and I received it as a gift.
Foundation is almost always the main part of my makeup routine. At the moment I've really been loving the NYC All Day Long Foundation. It's inexpensive and gives a good coverage without feeling tacky or cakey on your face. I'm currently in-between shades so I'll be taking both the 'Classic Ivory' shade and the darker 'Soft Beige'.
Another important product is concealer and I'll be taking two with me on this holiday - the Collection Cover Up Stick (£1.99 and works wonders!) and also the Soap and Glory Kick Ass concealer kit, which has quickly taken over from every other concealer I've had. It's brilliant.
For powder I'll be taking the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in 'Transparent'. It's by far my favourite powder - it works well to set everything and stays in place for a long time.
I'm only taking one blush, as I don't wear it on an everyday basis. I've chosen to take the Rimmel Colour Stay blush in the shade 'Santa Rose'.
For my face and base brushes I'll be packing the Boots Foundation Brush (I don't like this one but I've lost my expert face brush!), the Real Techniques Powder Brush and also the Real Techniques Blush Brush.
After thinking about it, I decided it would be much more efficient for me to take one eyeshadow palette, which will give me a range of options throughout the holiday while saving space. I went with my Naked 3 palette, as the shades within it are my current favourites.
For my eyebrows I'll be using the MUA eyebrow pencil in the shade 'brunette'. This is only a £1 bargain but it's surprisingly very good! I'm also taking my tweezers, which are from Boots.
I can't do a full face of makeup with no eyeliner, so I'll be taking both a liquid and pencil option. The pencil is the P.S Love one from Primark, which are surprisingly good (can't say that about the rest of their makeup range I have to say) and the liquid is the Soap and Glory Supercat Eyeliner. I love this product because it's a pen so is much easier to apply than with a brush - I'm truly terrible at eyeliner!
Mascara is one of my essentials. I've decided to take both the Rimmel Wonder'full Mascara with Argan Oil, which I bought for the first time when it came out and fell in love with, and also my favourite; the Benefit They're Real Mascara.
For brushes I'm packing an Origins concealer brush, which I use for eyeshadow, the superdrug brow brush and I'll also have the Urban Decay brush inside my palette.
As for lips I'm taking a variety of options. Firstly the No.7 Moisture Drench lipstick in the shade 'Waterlily', which is the perfect summery colour. I've then decided on the Rimmel Colour Rush Balm in 'On Fire', the Seventeen Lip Lustre Gloss, the Rimmel Apocalips in 'Big Bang' and the Body Shop Born Lippy in 'Strawberry'. I've also picked out two ordinary lip balms - the Maybelline Baby Lips in 'Hydrate' and the Malin+Goetz lip moisturiser.
What's in your travel makeup bag?




No comments:
Post a Comment